Lead Software Engineer Newcastle
We’re looking for a talented and passionate Lead Software Engineer to join our team. We are looking for someone who is excited by a challenge and who has the right skills and approach to software engineering.
As lead software engineer in our .NET team, you will be reporting into the Technical Director and perform the role of Technical Lead for the creation and evolution of digital products and services for our clients. You will have extensive experience with the Microsoft technology stack, especially MS SQL, ASP.NET MVC/Web API and C#.
This role also provides a great opportunity to gain Microsoft and Sitecore certification and experience.
In this role you will be:
- Leading the development of complex Sitecore/.NET projects in a hands-on capacity
- Contributing towards development tasks
- Coordinating the workload of other engineers
- Reviewing the implementation to ensure best practice and high levels of quality
- Represent the technical team in internal and client meetings and reviews
You will be collaborating closely with:
- Solution and Technical Architects to design secure, durable and scalable back-end architectures
- Project Managers to estimate, plan and deliver the technical aspects of product backlogs
- Software Engineers to coordinate and deliver back-end services and integration
- Front-end Engineers to integrate digital products with services
- QA Engineers to deliver high quality solutions
- Infrastructure Engineers to ensure robust deployments and operation of the products/services
Your experience will include many of the following:
- Strong software development experience, a minimum of 10 years hands on commercial software development experience and 4+ years in senior/lead roles
- Ability to work between high and low levels of detail in order to collaborate closely with architects and engineers to deliver high quality back-end architectures
- Demonstrated ability to plan and lead the successful technical delivery of product backlogs
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and select technologies based on functional and non-functional fit
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to present ideas to technical and non-technical audiences effectively
- Experience working across a variety of project delivery methodologies, including Waterfall, SCRUM and Kanban
- A passion for modern software development practices such as Continuous Delivery and a code-first attitude to Infrastructure and QA to drive high levels of automation and repeatability
- Experience designing and implementing secure, durable and scalable APIs
It would be beneficial if you have some experience delivering enterprise integration of core business systems such as point of sale, payment gateways, CRM, ERP and Content and Campaign Management tools.
Most importantly, you have the attitude, desire and commitment to lead the overall success of the project.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience (Years)
- .NET Framework
- MS SQL
- ADO.NET/Entity Framework/NHibernate/Dapper
- ASP.NET MVC
- ASP.NET Web API
- REST/SOAP/OData API development and integration
- TeamCity/Bamboo/Octopus Deploy
Beneficial skills and experience:
- Experience (Years)
TH_NK is a digital transformation agency. We work with our clients to set and realise their digital ambitions.
10 years has taught us that the need for digital transformation comes in waves. When, in a perfect storm organisations are no longer aligned to a common goal, customers’ expectations outpace their experience, and technology becomes a constraint rather than an enabler.
At TH_NK we uniquely blend the skills and talent from the three kinds of partner clients typically need today. We combine the business focus of consultancies, the customer centricity of agencies, and the tech capability of systems integrators. We believe this makes us a partner for change.
Our success has come from building a team atypical from your average agency.
A team with the expertise and passion to help companies truly integrate digital within the hearts of their business. We are an 80 strong team of consultants, creatives, analysts, data scientists, designers and engineers; supported by client services and project managers. All smart, progressive TH_NKers who love what they do.
To apply send your CV to Katherine or Molly at JoinUs@wearethink.com with 'Lead Software Engineer' in the subject line.
No agencies, please.