Senior Infrastructure / Dev Ops Engineer Liverpool, London or Newcastle
Our team are passionate about the live running of our clients’ solutions and we are looking for a talented engineer to join our growing team.
Our new engineer will be able to take on and maintain existing high traffic Infrastructure solutions with a key focus on stability, optimisation and security.
Reporting into the Technical Director, the ideal candidate will have in depth knowledge of the Windows solution stack plus experience in DevOps practices and Cloud architecture.
Day to day:
- Responding to monitoring alerts and keeping things running
- Building new cloud infrastructure projects based on best practice / resilience.
- Executing planned maintenance activities.
- Optimising and migrating existing infrastructures
- Creating, maintaining and optimising existing DevOps pipelines.
What are we looking for?
Core Infrastructure Skills
- A breadth and depth of experience in networking (e.g. Cisco), security and servers.
- Installation, configuration and administration of the Windows solution stack (Windows Server, IIS, .NET Framework, SQL Server, Active Directory, Image Creation Techniques)
- Installation, configuration and administration of Server Virtualisation Technologies such as Hyper-V /VMWare
- Understanding of web technologies such as DNS / SSL certificates.
Azure / DevOps Skills
- Extensive experience working on a cloud platform (preferably Azure) and delivering cloud infrastructure projects including:
- Cloud architecture
- Designing and developing Cloud strategies
- Cloud networking
- Cloud security
- Hands on experience with tooling in the Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Agile and other DevOps related spaces ( Octopus Deploy /Team City or equivalent)
- Experience deploying .NET solution packages to live, highly robust, high traffic web/cloud infrastructures
Live Running Skills
- Experience of modern monitoring and logging solutions
- Managing operational change in highly robust high traffic infrastructures.
This is an opportunity to join a small team who will not stay small for long. Our culture is collaborative, curious and we embrace change and transformation.
We take an active role in the digital community and support opportunities for our team to attend and take part in events and initiatives.
TH_NK is a digital transformation agency. We work with our clients to set and realise their digital ambitions.
10 years has taught us that the need for digital transformation comes in waves. When, in a perfect storm organisations are no longer aligned to a common goal, customers’ expectations outpace their experience, and technology becomes a constraint rather than an enabler.
At TH_NK we uniquely blend the skills and talent from the three kinds of partner clients typically need today. We combine the business focus of consultancies, the customer centricity of agencies, and the tech capability of systems integrators. We believe this makes us a partner for change.
Our success has come from building a team atypical from your average agency.
A team with the expertise and passion to help companies truly integrate digital within the hearts of their business. We are an 80 strong team of consultants, creatives, analysts, data scientists, designers and engineers; supported by client services and project managers. All smart, progressive TH_NKers who love what they do.
To apply send your CV to Katherine or Molly at JoinUs@wearethink.com with 'Senior Infrastructure / Dev Ops Engineer' in the subject line.
No agencies, please.