Lead Infrastructure Engineer Newcastle
We're looking for a talented and passionate Lead Infrastructure Engineer to join our team. We are looking for someone who is excited by a challenge and who has a DevOps mentality to deliver modern infrastructures using a code-first approach to automation and repeatability.
As lead infrastructure engineer in our busy engineering team, you will be reporting into the Technical Director and tasked with leading the implementation and evolution of digital platforms for our clients. You will have extensive experience with the Windows solution stack, including Windows Server, IIS, .NET and SQL Server.
In this role you will be:
- Leading the implementation of web based infrastructure in a hands-on capacity
- Ensuring that infrastructure architectures support stated functional and non-functional requirements
- Identifying and rectifying gaps and conflicts within existing infrastructure architectures
- Working across projects to ensure compliance to the infrastructure architecture
- Acting as a subject matter expert for infrastructure architecture
- Providing technical leadership to members of retained and outsourced teams, project managers, and service managers
- Ensuring change is delivered in a positive manner, on-time, and that solutions are above-standard
- Working with suppliers and partners to assure their understanding of requirements and check their service quality
- Participating in evaluations, RFPs, and tenders to ensure proposed solutions are aligned with infrastructure architecture and strategy
- Collaborating with and mentoring Infrastructure Engineers in the team
- Collaborating with Solutions Architects to review and implement secure, durable and scalable architectures
- Collaborating with Project Managers to plan and deliver product backlogs
- Collaborating with Back-end Engineers in a DevOps culture that delivers automated, robust and repeatable deployments, configuration and operation of digital platforms
- Collaborating with QA Engineers to deliver platforms that meet security, load and performance requirements
Most importantly, you have the attitude and desire to lead the overall success of the project.
Essential skills and experience:
- Deploying resilient, scalable, and highly-available solutions
- Operating and Change Managing solutions
- Awareness of the full systems development lifecycle
- A breadth and depth of experience of Networking (Cisco technologies), Security, Servers and SAN Storage
- Installation, configuration and administration of the Windows solution stack (Windows Server, IIS, .NET Framework, SQL Server)
- Installation, configuration and administration of Server Virtualisation technologies such as Hyper-V/VMWare
- Ability to understand and evaluate security risk(s) on internal and client platforms
- Configuration and management of monitoring, support and alerting systems
- Understanding of the ITIL framework (Change requests, Incident Management, Release Management, SLA’s, etc)
- Understanding of web technologies such as DNS and SSL certificates
- Customer focussed and a desire to increase customer satisfaction
- Able to work well both on own and in a small team environment
- Highly numerate with analytical and structured thinking
- Effective time management and prioritisation
- Effective communication skills
Beneficial skills and experience:
- Awareness of Agile methodologies
- Exposure to LAMP/WIMP/WAMP solution stacks
- Public Cloud technologies including IaaS or PaaS with AWS and/or Windows Azure
- PowerShell for automating infrastructure tasks
- Tools such as Puppet/Chef/Terraform for orchestrating automated and repeatable infrastructure
- Configuration management tools such as Git for managing provisioning and configuration scripts
- Understanding of video conferencing
- VoIP systems
- Configuration and administration of Office 365
- Installation, configuration and administration of ADFS (Single Sign-on)
- Configuration and administration of Mac and PC desktops
- Licence and asset Management
TH_NK is a digital transformation agency. We work with our clients to set and realise their digital ambitions.
10 years has taught us that the need for digital transformation comes in waves. When, in a perfect storm organisations are no longer aligned to a common goal, customers’ expectations outpace their experience, and technology becomes a constraint rather than an enabler.
At TH_NK we uniquely blend the skills and talent from the three kinds of partner clients typically need today. We combine the business focus of consultancies, the customer centricity of agencies, and the tech capability of systems integrators. We believe this makes us a partner for change.
Our success has come from building a team atypical from your average agency.
A team with the expertise and passion to help companies truly integrate digital within the hearts of their business. We are a team of consultants, creatives, analysts, data scientists, designers and engineers; supported by client services and project managers. All smart, progressive TH_NKers who love what they do.
To apply send your CV to Katherine at JoinUs@wearethink.com with 'Lead Infrastructure Engineer' in the subject line.
No agencies, please.