Infrastructure Manager Newcastle
As Infrastructure Manager you will be responsible for delivering high-level and detailed designs to support project teams. Demonstrating an expert level understanding of highly-available, scalable infrastructures, you will be able to capture and analyse requirements, define technical solutions, and provide design assurance and guidance to technical teams and non-technical service managers. You will provide hands-on support for live systems ensuring that SLAs are met and that any live infrastructure issues are managed to resolution.
You will be a real self-starter with lots of energy and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills; have a breadth and depth of technical experience and a commitment to finding the right solution.
Reporting to the Technical Director you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Managing the technical infrastructure team: ensure that it is resourced and skilled to meet current and future needs; ensure projects and assignments are adequately resourced; manage operational work schedules and staff rotas (including for out-of-hours support); line management of team
- Developing and sustaining effective key stakeholder relationships with the engineering team, operational support, project managers / client service managers and senior management, and with relevant client staff
- Designing, reviewing and implementing elements of infrastructure architecture, taking into account relevant client, business and regulatory requirements
- Providing operational support to live client and TH_NK infrastructure, including providing out-of-hours on-call support, maintaining monitoring, support and alerting systems, and provision of desktop support
- Developing and gaining agreement to an infrastructure strategy to support TH_NK internal and client external requirements; identifying and rectifying gaps and conflicts within the existing infrastructure architectures and strategies
- Ensuring that infrastructure architectures and strategies support clients stated Functional and Non-functional Requirements or Strategic goals
- Providing consultancy and governance into business change and IT projects to ensure compliance to the infrastructure strategy and architecture
- Designing infrastructure roadmaps for change, working with Service managers to ensure rationales are understood and roadmaps are realistic
- Acting as the subject matter expert for infrastructure strategy, architecture and operations
- Providing technical leadership to members of retained and outsourced development and infrastructure teams, Project managers, Service managers and third party suppliers
- Ensuring change is delivered in a positive manner, on-time, planned accordingly and that solutions meet their current and future growth requirements
- Working with suppliers and partners to ensure their understanding of requirements, provide technical leadership and check their service quality
- Participating in evaluations, RFPs, and tenders to ensure proposed solutions are aligned with infrastructure architecture and strategy, client requirements, and are supportable throughout the product life cycle
- Office management activities (electrical, security etc)
Skills and experience:
- Gathering functional and non-functional requirements and agreeing these with stakeholders
- Translating requirements into coherent solution designs
- Deploying resilient, scalable, and highly-available solutions
- Operating and Change Managing solutions in complex security environments
- The full software development lifecycle and Agile projects
- A breadth and depth of experience including: Networking (Cisco technologies), Security, Servers, cloud technologies and SAN Storage
- The Windows solution stack (Windows Server, IIS, .NET, SQL Server)
- Exposure to LAMP/WIMP/WAMP solution stacks an advantage
- Private or Public Cloud including Server Virtualisation, IaaS, or PaaS (including Hyper-V, AWS, Windows Azure, etc.)
- Experience of Powershell and other DevOps scripting languages for automating repeatable infrastructure
- Experience of DevOps tools such as Chef/Terraform for managing automated and repeatable infrastructure
- Quickly establishes self as a Subject Matter Expert; happy to Lead
- Ability to influence others and manage change
- Ability to understand and evaluate security risk(s) on internal and client platforms
- Planning team assignments and staff rotas (e.g., for live support services)
- IT systems supplier and third party support management
- Management and maintenance of monitoring, support and alerting systems
- Understanding of the ITIL framework (Change requests, Incident Management, Release Management, SLA’s, etc)
- Understanding of video conferencing, VoIP, Office 365, ADFS (Single Sign-on), Mac and PC desktops
- Licence and asset Management
- Understanding of web technologies, (DNS, SSL certificates)
- Customer focussed and a desire to increase customer satisfaction
- Able to work well both on own and in a small team environment
- Highly numerate with analytical and structured thinking
- Effective time management and prioritisation
- Effective communication skills, utilising a range of communication channels (phone, email, messaging, meetings); Excellent written and verbal communication
TH_NK is a digital transformation agency. We work with our clients to set and realise their digital ambitions
10 years has taught us that the need for digital transformation comes in waves. When, in a perfect storm organisations are no longer aligned to a common goal, customers’ expectations outpace their experience, and technology becomes a constraint rather than an enabler.
At TH_NK we uniquely blend the skills and talent from the three kinds of partner clients typically need today. We combine the business focus of consultancies, the customer centricity of agencies, and the tech capability of systems integrators. We believe this makes us a partner for change.
Our success has come from building a team atypical from your average agency.
A team with the expertise and passion to help companies truly integrate digital within the hearts of their business. We are a team of consultants, creatives, analysts, data scientists, designers and engineers; supported by client services and project managers. All smart, progressive TH_NKers who love what they do.
To apply send your CV to Katherine at JoinUs@wearethink.com with 'Infrastructure Manager' in the subject line.
No agencies, please.